St. Aidan’s Church
A new church in the Newbarns area was discussed as early as the end of the Second World War and a hall-church (the current Hall) was commenced in 1951 and dedicated on 5th July 1952.
The main church building (adjoining the Church Hall) was built in the mid-Sixties and consecrated on 16th December 1967.
In November 2011, things came full-circle, with services returning to being held in the Hall.
Holy Communion – 9.30am
Third Sunday of month – Team Service – 10am
Held in rotation across Team
Team Holy Communion – 10am
What will a service be like?
Where is St. Aidan’s?
The Sunday service at St. Aidan’s is usually a celebration of Holy Communion, or ‘The Lord’s Supper’, using Common Worship.
It includes traditional hymns and contemporary songs to keyboard accompaniment.
God’s Word (the Bible) is read and explained in a sermon, and we pray for the needs of our community, the nation and the world.
St. Aidan’s Hall Diary
The Hall is available to hire for £15 per hour – for more details, please contact Keith Cockburn
on 01229 826692
, or complete and return the Booking Form