St. George’s Church
The earliest wholly purpose-built Anglican church in Barrow-in-Furness, St. George’s Church was consecrated on 4th January 1861; originally within the parish of Dalton, it became an independent parish in 1872.
Prior to its building, the nearby St. George’s School and Mechanics Institute, which had been built in 1849 on land donated by the Furness Railway Company, was licenced for divine worship in 1852, under the curacy of the Revd. W. Llewelyn-Croft.
Holy Communion – 11am
First Sunday of month – All Age Worship with Baptisms – 11am
Third Sunday of month – Team Service – 10am
Held in rotation across Team
What will a service be like?
Where is St. George’s?
The Sunday service at St. George’s is usually a celebration of Holy Communion, or ‘The Lord’s Supper’, using Common Worship.
It includes traditional hymns and contemporary songs to organ accompaniment.
God’s Word (the Bible) is read and explained in a sermon, and we pray for the needs of our community, the nation and the world.
St. George’s Hall Diary
The Hall is available to hire for £15 – charge TBC – for more details, please contact Betty Searle on 01229 xxxxxx
, or complete and return the Booking Form